created by Susannah Stubbs
based on 20 key ideas in process thinking
- Every moment in a person's life is an act of improvisation: creating something new out of a settled past.
- Improvisation goes all the way down into the depths of matter.
- We live in a universe of inter-becoming; each event in the universe carries the influence of, and influences, all the others.
- The building blocks of the universe are moments and relationships -- not 'things,'
- Each and every living being is a subject of its own life and not just an object for others, with intrinsic value.
- Injustice lies in denying the value of other lives, other subjects; and it harms all involved.
- Our human calling is to enjoy life as best we can and to help build communities that are creative, compassionate, participatory, multicultural, humane to animals, and good for the earth, with no one left behind.
- As we seek to fulfill this vocation, we are beckoned by the ideal of Beauty: harmony and intensity of experience.
- This ideal of Beauty, and its inwardly felt beckoning toward the fullness of life for each and all, is how Deep Listeninig of the universe -- God -- is present continuously in life on earth and the entirety of the cosmos.